Hybrid working – Elstree office. Some travel to clients required
We’re looking for someone who is not happy fixing the same problem everyday for different clients, and can find and fix the root cause/automate the problem. Someone who can judge when to be technical with the user and when to solve the issue without confusing the customer.
What you’ll do
- Someone who can deliver managed services for clients Windows/Mac technology environment
- Also someone who knows when to automate and when to share knowledge instead.
- Organically interested in IT
- Basically someone who keeps up with technology trends organically and doesn’t have to make a conscious effort to educate themselves. I want to see someone who can see the troubleshooting path in their head before they even get control of the users laptop.
- Someone who can both follow a process and also contribute to further refining a process.
- Needs to be able to communicate and explain things clearly, a person who can quickly grasp the knowledge level of the person they’re dealing with and adjust their language accordingly.
- Be comfortable calling clients, visiting them, and also dealing with them over email.
- prefers to get to the root cause of a problem over implementing a work around and then forgetting about the issue.
- ability to drive issues to resolution
- autonomy when working on projects
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working in the IT Field
- Full clean driving license and car
- Desktop and Server Hardware, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, MacOS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory and DNS, Microsoft 365 (Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams), Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security, Printing, Telephony and VoIP
- Networking / web fundamentals
- must have a knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing, VPN, NAT, proxies, etc.
- HTTP, SSL, cookies, auth tokens, APIs, etc.
- Analytical mind
- Customer service
- must be able to talk to people!
- deal with stressful situations and individuals.
- Passionate and a strong sense of urgency.
- Desire to empower customers to solve similar issues on their own in the future
- Training / knowledge sharing
- Always looks to raise others to their level via knowledge sharing and training.
- Can write concise emails and documentation that can be shared with different audiences (tech/customer facing).